- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerDior Golden Jungle Collection for Fall
Tiffany Lamps: Adding A Unique Touch To Living Spaces
Few people have not heard of Tiffany lamps. In production since 1895, these stained glass lamps have made their way into many households and have spawned a host of knock-off versions. True Tiffany lamps do come in several different varieties, with each containing a copper foil pattern and Tiffany glass. Louis Comfort Tiffany receives much of the credit for these beautiful creations. However, many designs were a collaborative effort of several other designers including Clara Driscoll.
Since there are many designs, collectors and retailers often choose to divide them into one of the following seven categories:
- Irregular Upper
- Lower Border
- Transition to Flowers
- Flowered Cone
- Flowered Globe
The average consumer cares little about the category and more about the visual appeal of the piece. It is quite uncommon to hear anyone declare a distaste for Tiffany lamps, as their beauty is universal. Often used as the focal point of a room, they are most commonly used in living rooms, dens, dining rooms, and bedrooms. It is not uncommon to see several of these lamps scattered throughout a home. In addition to being visually attractive, these lamps are built to last. Many vintage lamps are still in use today.
Though still in production by various companies, many choose to seek out older versions. These have become collector’s items, and many carry great value. Rare pieces sell at auction in price ranges from $10,000 to over a million dollars. Modern versions are much less expensive, generally ranging from around $100-$300. Modern versions are made available by several major retailers, as no one company has exclusive rights to sell Tiffany lamps and other Tiffany products.
When in search of an authentic Tiffany lamp, some research may be required. Any product labeled as “Tiffany style” should be avoided. Fakes are not extremely common in relation to modern versions. However, they become increasingly common as the value of the piece increases. A simple way to avoid being taken by an unscrupulous seller is to only purchase from reputable sources and to be weary if the price is too good to be true.
Adding a unique touch to living spaces is often as simple as choosing the correct lighting. Tiffany lamps have long been used to create a serene setting that is perfect for both relaxing and entertaining. Available in many different sizes, these lamps can be used throughout the home, and are indeed going to be noticed by all who visit.
Date: July 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Home Decor & Furniture and tagged modern tiffany, tiffany glass, tiffany lamp, tiffany lighting, vintage tiffany- Comment(s): 0