- November 7, 2012 by www.urecomm.comBra Fitting Boutique in Ottawa
- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
Laurier BBQ ends Partnership with Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
The famous British chef’s partnership in the Montreal institution has ended after a short lived six months according to owner Danny Lavy
“We wish Gordon all the best, but he’s a big star and too busy to come to the restaurant,”. “He didn’t have the time to manage it. He hasn’t been here since August.”
As of Friday February 17 2012, the name of the star chef will be removed from all of the restaurant’s branded material, Lavy said.
Ramsay’s involvement was big news when the newly christened restaurant reopened its doors last August, but frustrated by a long list of complaints, and nonexistent financial involvement from Ramsay’s camp, Lavy decided to end Ramsay’s contract.
Ramsay was originally slated to be a partner, but when the chef declined to put up any money, he became merely a consultant.
“He was hired as a consultant, but his team was acting as if they owned the restaurant. But there was nothing they did we couldn’t have done on our own.”
Soon after the restaurant opened, the question of “vision” became a sticking point between Lavy & Ramsay’s camp.
“They didn’t understand our vision,” Lavy said. “This is a local restaurant with a lot of heritage. We want to respect the clientele and deliver what they want when they come here. We got to the point of not being on the same page and having someone taking a direction we didn’t want to take. He didn’t understand what was important to us. He was the one who originally wanted to get rid of the original staff.”
The lack of Ramsay face time in Montreal was another disappointment.
On the flip side, to make up for taking some dishes off the menu, “we expected him to contribute Gordon Ramsay signature dishes,” Lavy said, “but we got nothing that was ever a ‘wow’ dish, and just a few tweaks on what we already had. He didn’t want salmon tartare on the menu, but we did it, anyways, and it’s now one of the best sellers.”
“We wanted to give this restaurant a new beginning, and we did it,” Lavy said. “We’re packed all the time and we love running it. This place has 75 years of heritage behind it and we always respected that. We want to give the customer what he or she expects. Are we disappointed in his lack of participation? Totally. I expected more. He just didn’t get it.”
Rotiserie Laurier BBQ
381 Avenue Laurier Ouest,
Montréal, QC H2V 2K3
Date: February 16, 2012 at 5:06 am- by www.urecomm.com- Posted in Entertainment News and tagged Celebrity chef, Gordon Ramsay, Laurier BBQ, Montreal Men's, montreal restaurant, outremont- Comment(s): 0