- November 7, 2012 by www.urecomm.comBra Fitting Boutique in Ottawa
- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
Land Rover Defender Special Edition
Upon viewing the Land Rover Defender, you may feel as if you are experiencing deja vu. No, it’s not your mind playing tricks on you. Not entirely, anyway. The 2012 Land Rover Special Edition is basically the Land Rover 110 from 1983, only a modern version. Though the exterior is very similar to the cult classic 1983 version, there are several differences that should be noted by anyone interested in purchasing the current offering.
A 2.2-liter four-cylinder diesel engine is included. This is not the same engine that is included in the rest of the 2012 line. Efficiency and emissions concerns have been address while retaining the 122 hp and 265 pounds of torque. These numbers are the same as the older 2.4-liter engine. The top speed of the Defender is 90 miles per hour, with this special edition only being offered with a six-speed manual transmission.
What some may find frustrating about the Land Rover Defender Special Edition is the fact that it only comes in two colors. Should you wish to own one, Nara Bronze and Orkney Gray will be your only two choices. Of course owners may choose to have their new Land Rover re-painted after the purchase is made. Black is the other primary color, and it appears on the roof, wheel arches, around the headlights, and on the 16″ rims. Interiors feature colors from the exterior, which again, may not suit the tastes of everyone.
United States residents will need to travel abroad in order to purchase the Land Rover Defender. The Defender has never been made available for purchase in the U.S. That’s a period of 15 years for those who are keeping count. Why? The vehicle does not meet U.S. emission standards and therefore cannot be legally operated. Due to this fact, modifications would need to be made should one be purchased and brought back to the United States. Residents of the United Kingdom, however, will have direct access to this vehicles. The suggested price is £27,995 (just over $43,000 U.S. dollars).
The 2012 Land Rover Special Edition may not be for everyone, but then few special edition vehicles are. They are designed with a specific customer base in mind, and are often purchased by individuals in search of a vehicle that is out of the ordinary. This 1980′s flashback does indeed provide that, and more. Retro meets modern in this edition, with the engine being the main difference. To find out more, visit: http://www.landrover.com
Date: July 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Automobiles, Land Rover and tagged land rover 2012, land rover defender, land rover special edition- Comment(s): 0