- November 7, 2012 by www.urecomm.comBra Fitting Boutique in Ottawa
- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
High Quality Costume Jewelry Trends for 2012
There will never be a replacement for real gold, platinum, and precious stones. However, women today are supplementing their jewelry collections with high quality costume jewelry. Costume jewelry was once thought to be “junk jewelry” and lower quality pieces are still considered such. However, a number of designers have begun to produce pieces that are well made and quite eye-catching. These pieces also offer something new and different to those who have grown tired of their existing jewelry and crave new options.
The use of natural stones in costume jewelry has become a pronounced trend in 2012. Natural stones are appearing on rings, necklaces, and bracelets. Gemstones, which are widely available and each unique, are being used to create create pieces that draw attention. This is often done through the use of larger stones. When combined with any number of metals, gemstones steal the show.
Pendants are also taking center stage this season. These provide yet another opportunity to own jewelry that is unique. Pendant style vary greatly, with many representing a specific theme. Vintage style pendants are a popular choice, as what was old is indeed new again. Vintage styles are often being seen on a jewelry piece that is making a strong comeback, the brooch. Brooches, which had fallen out of favor with fashion conscious women, have cycled back into popularity. These include Victorian styles, as well as ultra modern styles.
Of all the costume jewelry trends of 2012, handmade jewelry is by far the most notable. The reason for this is simple. Women crave jewelry that is entirely unique, and handmade creations are just that. Handmade jewelry is made available on popular websites such as Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/), as well as on the websites of individual designers. The internet provides jewelry lovers and creative designers with a way to come together. This has made a huge impact on the number of designs and styles that are now available. It has also had an effect on how costume jewelry is viewed.
In the world of high quality costume jewelry, bigger is better. Rodriqo Otazu, jewelry designer, offers a collection that includes large pieces. Argentinian born Otazu now creates pieces in his studio in Amsterdam. His creations have been a sensation in Europe for quite some time, but are now also be noticed in North America. The number of “Sold Out” pieces on his website (http://www.otazudesigns.com) is a testament to how popular his jewelry creations are.
Date: July 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Fashion, Jewelry & Watches and tagged artisan jewelry, costume jewelry, handmade jewelry, high quality costume jewelry, vintage costume jewelry- Comment(s): 0