- November 7, 2012 by www.urecomm.comBra Fitting Boutique in Ottawa
- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
Geoffrey Zakarian and Norwegian Cruise Line Team Up
Most people recognize chef Geoffrey Zakarian from the Food Network. The newest of the Iron Chef’s, Zakarian has actually been making waves in the world of food well before being featured on the all food television channel. Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that they have reached an deal with Zakarian that will place him in command of their Ocean Blue restaurant. The restaurant is aboard their newest ship, the Norwegian Breakaway.
The focus of the restaurant is on fresh seafood, of which Zakarian is certainly no stranger. Zakarian will not only control the menu, but will have a say in all aspects from uniforms to utensils. Ocean Blue will feature two separate dining areas. One will be indoors and will be of the more formal variety. The other will be on an outdoor deck and is titled, “Ocean Blue on the Waterfront” and will be more casual. “The Raw Bar” which will feature raw foods and wines will also be included.
Though the menu has yet to be announced, we do that crustaceans and shellfish will be front and center. Another highlight will be a vast selection of wines and signature cocktails. The Raw Bar will serve oysters and wine, which are the perfect in-between meals snack.
The link between famous chefs and cruise ship restaurants often results in the chef helping with the launch and then becoming somewhat of a non-factor. This will not be the case with the Zakarian/Norwegian combination. Zakarian plans to be on select sailings and will meet guests, perform cooking demonstrations, and offer cooking lessons to groups. Zakarian has also made it well known that he plans to elevate the level of cruise ship dining and take it to new heights.
The Norwegian Breakaway is still under construction. Construction is taking place in Germany, with plans to have the ship arrive in her home port of New York City in May of 2013. Norwegian Cruise Line expects the ship to transport as many as 140,000 passengers over the course of its first two years of operation. The Norwegian Breakaway will be the largest ship to date to call New York City its home port. Excursions will include the Bahamas, Florida, and the Southern Caribbean.
Additional information about the newest cruise ship and the partnering with Zakarian can be found on the Norwegian Cruise Line website: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/
Date: July 22, 2012 at 2:18 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Food & Spirits and tagged geoffrey zakarian, norwegian breakaway, norwegian cruise line, ocean blue, ocean blue waterfront, the raw bar- Comment(s): 0