- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerDior Golden Jungle Collection for Fall
Christie’s To Hold Its First Online Exclusive Wine Auction
This August famous auction house, Christie’s, will hold its first exclusively online wine auction. The auction will feature 300+ lots, and will include some some extremely rare wines. The auction is the first of its kind for Christie’s, which plans to run several more of the exclusively online variety. Their online auctions will run in conjunction with auctions that will be taking place at physical auction houses.
Referred to as the “Signature Cellars”auction, the sale is a bold move aimed at allowing individuals from around the globe to take part in the bidding. Each of the lots may be viewed online, with bid being accepted online only. This format may not be successful with all types of items, as some need to be physically viewed. Wine, however, cannot be opened or sampled prior to purchase. Therefore, only a knowledge of the vintages is required in order to determine which bottles a bidder desires.
Fine wine also makes an excellent choice for global auctioning due to the fact that it is appreciated worldwide. Christie’s reports that the number of individuals who have used the online bidding option in previous wine auctions has consistently risen. It seems it has become obvious that local auctions are not the only method used to add rare wines to a collection. This auction, which is the result of years of work, should prove highly successful.
The auction description provided by the Christie’s website will certainly tempt wine lovers: “Wine aficionados will find everything from ‘82 Lafite and Latour at the high-end to hard-to-source California cult wines from Harlan Estate and Screaming Eagle. In keeping with our sentiment of something-for-everyone, there are also great rarities that will inspire any serious wine devotee looking to broaden their cellar, including pre and post-war vintages, magnums of fine Champagne and imperials of Classified Crus, top Châteauneuf-du-Pape in all formats, beautifully-aged rare Vintage Port, and a highly desirable swath of beloved Bandol wines from the legendary Domaine Tempier.”
Included in the over 300 lots will be brands such as Cristal, Montrachet, Pétrus, and many more. Estimated selling prices range from as low as $200, to as much as $35,000 for rarer vintages. Online bidding will begin on August 6th, 2012 and close on August 20th, 2012. Lots may be viewed in advance at: www.christies.com . The entire auction list and details regarding each may also be found online. Though bidding will take place online, the lots may be viewed in person at Christie’s wine warehouse facility in Bronx, New York, by appointment only.
Date: July 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Food & Spirits and tagged 82 Lafite and Latour, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, christie's wine auction, Christies auctions, Cristal, Montrachet, Pétrus, rare wine auction, signature series wine auction- Comment(s): 0