- November 7, 2012 by www.urecomm.comBra Fitting Boutique in Ottawa
- October 3, 2012 by Leslie MillerPandora Jewelery: Luxury Jewelery With A Personal Touch
- September 20, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect Pearl Jewellery for this Autumn
- September 20, 2012 by email@example.comFind Style Inspiration from the IWC Da Vinci Watch
- September 19, 2012 by firstname.lastname@example.orgWestern Shirts For Women – The Perfect Autumn Style Choice
- September 19, 2012 by email@example.comLet There Be Light With These 3 Contemporary Lamps
- September 14, 2012 by Leslie MillerTall Ships Landing: The Lookout Brockville Luxury Condos
- September 7, 2012 by Leslie MillerAdastra Super Yacht by John Shuttleworth Designs
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerFirst St. Regis Resort Comes To Hawaii
- September 5, 2012 by Leslie MillerPartida Estate Grown Organic Elegante Tequila
Annual Taiwan Culinary Exhibition In Taipei
The yearly Taiwan Culinary Exhibition kicks off on August 17th and runs through the 20th. The exhibition has been running for 22 consecutive years, and certainly helps introduce the world to Taiwanese cuisine. This year the exhibition will be featuring iconic dishes from three distinct regions. These include Tainan, Wanhua, and Lugang. Danzi mian, phoenix eye cake, and a number of snake dishes will be highlighted.
Despite the popularity of the festival, Taiwan remains a hidden gem in the culinary world. International travelers are often amazed and delighted to discover the food adventure that awaits them upon arrival. A wide variety of foods are offered, with most being accompanied by an interesting story that relates to the origin of the dish. With three centuries of food lore, one would expect nothing less than a good story to go along with a good meal.
The highlight of the Taiwan Culinary Exhibition is often the recipes. However, there is much more to see and do. Expect to see cooking demonstrations from popular chefs, cooking classes hosted by chefs, and the always popular Domestic Culinary Competition. This competition names one chef as the best in Taiwan. Taiwan boasts its own celebrity chefs, most of which will be presented on at least one day of the exhibition.
Also expect to find a plethora of foods from some of the best restaurants and hotels. The exhibition has long been used to show the world the cutting edge foods and preparation methods of hardworking chefs from popular establishments. Expect to find plenty of vegetable, with a focus this year on vegetarian cuisine. There will be an all vegan food presentation that pays homage to Taiwan’s history of vegan tradition.
For many the highlight will be the food court. In this area visitors will find a huge variety of treats. What may be most difficult is deciding what to try first. Note that several beverages will also be featured, including Lugu tea. Simply put, food adventurers will not want to miss out on all of the scheduled events and tastings. One tip is to visit the food court in between events in order to sample the overall greatest variety of dishes.
Culture and food have always been intertwined. This is extremely apparent in Taiwan. Food fans from all over the globe are invited to attend the event and sample the best that the country has to offer. To learn more about this event, visit: http://tcff.com.tw/
Date: July 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm- by Leslie Miller- Posted in Events and tagged Taipei food exhibition, Taiwan cuisine, Taiwan Culinary Exhibition, Taiwan foods- Comment(s): 0